The Hawk Academy (English medium) school was founded in 2015 by the Mkhonto Family. The school started their operations in a mine office building and has now become the new hope for the families situated in the informal settlements of Primrose, Germiston.
Assistance for the full upgrade of the school as well as all its facilities.
The S and J co-ownership found the school operating without formal approval by the landowners and the local authorities. the S and J co-ownership took it upon themselves to donate additional land which totaled 6.5 hectares towards the development of the school that will accommodate learners from Grade R to Grade 12.
Abcon Group Foundation (AGF) fully adopted the school in 2017 and have since then, fully committed all its socio-economic development proceeds towards it. The school has grown from 500 learners in 2017 to currently 1200 learners from grade R to Grade 9 with plans to get higher grades from the year 2020. These learners are from the surrounding informal settlements.
There is a need for more learning material and financial assistance. Most of the classrooms have an average of 60 learners at a time making it difficult to provide an environment conducive to learning.
Support our vision & look how far we have come
- Growing capacity from 500 to 750 scholars
- Donated a jungle gym
- Paving of common areas
- Donations of school shoes and dry-mac rain jackets
- Assisting with Department of Education approval and receipt of grants
- Growing capacity from 750 to 900 scholars
- Providing a full equipped library
- Addition of 36 toilets
- Donation of 20,000 liter water tank
- Doubling the existing area of the school, providing more space for additional classes in 2019 and play areas for kids.
- Growing capacity from 900 to 1200 scholars
- Rezoning application submission
- Fund raising for the New School phase 1 Development
- Fencing of the school land
- Delivered 24 ablution facilities
- Addition of 2 classrooms
With your helping hands, we can achieve more!
Be the tick to our bucket list
- Fund raising for the New School phase 1 development
- Supply of additional temporary classroom facilities
- Computer lab
- Science lab
- Addition of 6 classrooms
Click below to donate your well appreciated funds and/or services towards our vision